Caitlyn Y. Spencer
Caitlyn represents and advises health care professionals, hospitals, and other providers in medical malpractice actions. Caitlyn also represents health care practitioners in licensing and disciplinary disputes.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Licensing and Disciplinary Actions
- Personal Injury Defense
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2016; Managing Editor; President, Christian Legal Society
- Seattle University, B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude, 2012
Admitted to Practice
- State of Washington
- United States District Court – Western District of Washington
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, PLLC, Associate, 2016 – Present
- Washington State Supreme Court Justice, Full-time
Judicial Extern to Justice Charles Wiggins, January 2016 – May 2016
- Hughes Robbins, P.S., Rule 9 Law Clerk, February 2015 – January 2016
- Thorsrud, Cane & Paulich, Summer Law Clerk, May 2014 – August 2014
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Defense verdict on behalf of a plastic surgeon, in a medical malpractice case tried in King County. The plaintiff alleged that the surgeon negligently left a piece of sterile gauze in her breast following a breast augmentation surgery and that the gauze caused capsular contracture and resulting injuries. The defense admitted a standard of care violation but disputed causation and damages. Following a two week trial, the jury rendered a defense verdict and found that the gauze did not cause any injuries and was an incidental finding.
Publications & Presentations
- Author, Power e-Mergency: Combining Renewable Energy with Current Battery Technology for Emergency Medical Professionals, 6 Seattle Journal for Environmental Law 178 (2016).