Carol L. Moody
Carol’s practice has included representation of physicians and hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, a large school district and a professional football team. Her experience includes civil jury trials, appellate practice and serving as a mediator in civil cases. Carol has also provided litigation consulting on cases for both plaintiff and defense counsel.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Products Liability
- Healthcare Risk Management
- Medical Staff, Peer Review, Privileging/Credentialing
- Civil/Business Litigation
- Successful defense of three physicians against allegations of improper removal of life support systems in a case televised nationally on “Court TV.”
- Successful defense of a University of Washington physician against allegations of improper performance of an experimental surgical procedure.
- Successful defense of a professional football team against liability for the off-field conduct of its players.
- Lead counsel for a large school district in cases involving alleged sexual assaults on students.
- Lead counsel for pharmaceutical companies in product liability cases.
- Consultation and participation in developing policies, procedures and risk management strategies for health care facilities.
- Negotiation and mediation of a wide range of legal dispute
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Washington, B.A., 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Washington, 1998
- Professional Mediation Skills Certificate Training Program
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State
- United States District Court - Western District of Washington
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, PLLC, Of Counsel, 2015 - Present
- Fain Anderson & VanDerhoef, PLLC, Of Counsel, 2005 - 2015
- Carol L. Moody, Attorney and Mediator, 1999 - 2004
- Moody Battuello, P.S., Founder and Shareholder, 1993 - 1999
- Karr Tuttle Campbell, P.S., Attorney and Shareholder, 1980 - 1993
- Washington State Bar Association Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
Rated “A/V Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell