Jennifer M. Smitrovich
Jennifer is licensed in State and Federal courts in both Washington and Oregon. Jennifer’s practice focuses on medical and personal injury defense, as well as employment and civil litigation. Jennifer has tried many jury trials to favorable results, including as first chair and co-counsel. She also has extensive arbitration and private trial experience.
- Medical Professional Liability
- Employment Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Pennsylvania State Dickinson School of Law, J.D. received 2005
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Environmental Law Review
- Pennsylvania State University, 2002, B.A. Psychology
- Psi Chi Honor Society
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State
- All Washington Federal Courts
- Oregon State
- United States District Court – Oregon
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, Principal/Owner, 2019 - present
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, Principal, 2016 - 2018
- McCormick Barstow, LLP, Partner, 2014 - 2016
- Scheer & Zehnder, LLP, Senior Associate Attorney, 2009 – 2014
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Washington Women’s Lawyers
- On June 26, 2018, Jennifer Smitrovich and Eron Cannon, as counsel for a security contractor, obtained a defense verdict in a professional negligence case, where plaintiff claimed the security contractor failed to prevent a former VA employee from shooting another VA employee at a Clark County building. The jury found that the security contractor was not negligent.
- Obtained a summary dismissal of all extra-contractual claims in Jelinek v. ANPAC. The lawsuit claimed that ANPAC acted in bad faith, violated Washington’s Insurance Fair Conduct Act, and violated Washington’s Consumer Protection Act by failing to tender its UIM policy limits following a motor vehicle accident in which the plaintiff allegedly suffered a traumatic brain injury.
U.S. District Court Judge Richard A. Jones dismissed the plaintiff’s extra-contractual claims on summary judgment, however, finding that ANPAC’s claim handling and offers to settle were reasonable and that ANPAC had ample justification for not tendering its policy limits.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015
- Washington Women Lawyers, Executive Committee, 2011, 2012, 2014