Joseph V. Gardner
Joe focuses his practice on the representation of physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice actions. In addition, Joe has a diverse civil litigation background that includes personal injury defense, commercial litigation, and representation of businesses, state agencies, and hospitals in employment discrimination matters. Joe’s experience also includes appeals of various civil matters in both state and federal courts.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Employment Discrimination Litigation
- Commercial/Business Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Defense verdict for a hospital in an emergency medicine case involving allegations that an emergency medicine physician failed to diagnose testicular torsion.
- Unanimous defense verdict for emergency medicine provider alleged to have been negligent in the evaluation of a patient who suffered subarachnoid hemorrhage after presenting to the emergency department.
- Defense verdict in a wrongful death lawsuit alleging premature discharge resulting in death two days later
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2014, Magna Cum Laude
- FSU Law Moot Court Team
- FSU Law Business Review
- Florida State University, B.A., English, 2011
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State, 2018
- Florida, 2014
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, 2014
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2017
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, PLLC, Associate, April 2018 – Present
- Henry Buchanan, P.A., Tallahassee, Florida, Associate, 2014-2018