Mark B. Melter
Mark is a civil litigator representing healthcare professionals, contractors, and business owners. He provides coverage counsel to insurers and insureds. He also prosecutes and defends civil racketeering claims under RICO and related laws. Mark is part of the FAVROS appellate practice team.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Civil RICO
- Defense verdict for physician’s assistant in private trial alleging improper administration of lumbar puncture.
- $500,000 recovery on behalf of judgment creditor from debtor hiding assets through shell company.
- Summary judgment dismissal for UIM insurer of bad faith, Insurance Fair Conduct Act, and Consumer Protection Act claims involving TBI claim.
- Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal of § 1983 claims against Washington municipality and administrative agency involving purported due process violations.
- $500,000 of insurance coverage for policyholders arising from environmental cleanup near Port of Tacoma
- Coverage counsel to national insurer regarding property claims arising from the 2014 Oso landslide.
- Gonzaga University Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 2013
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2012, Magna Cum Laude, Editor-in-Chief, Gonzaga Law Review
- Arizona State University, B.A., Political Science, 2006
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State, 2013
- Arizona, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2017
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2017
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Housing Justice Project, King County Bar Association, 2014 - 2018
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star" 2020