Mark B. Melter
Mark is a civil litigator representing healthcare professionals, contractors, and business owners. He provides coverage counsel to insurers and insureds regarding first-party and third-party claims, including bad faith matters. He also prosecutes and defends civil racketeering charges under the Racketeering Influence and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) and related laws. In addition, Mark is part of the FAVROS appellate practice team.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Construction Defect
- Civil/Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Attained summary judgment dismissal on behalf of national insurer in response to bad faith, Insurance Fair Conduct Act, and Consumer Protection Act claims.
- Obtained Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal of § 1983 claims against Washington municipality and administrative agency arising from purported procedural and substantive due process violations.
- Achieved summary judgment dismissal on behalf of the Washington State Department of Natural Resources for claims arising from the 2012 Taylor Bridge fire.
- Obtained over $500,000 of liability coverage on behalf of policyholders for environmental cleanup work near the Port of Tacoma.
- Provided coverage counsel to national insurer regarding first-party property claims arising from the 2014 Oso, Washington landslide.
- Gonzaga University Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 2013
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2012, Magna Cum Laude, Editor-in-Chief, Gonzaga Law Review
- Arizona State University, B.A., Political Science, 2006
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State, 2013
- Arizona, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2017
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2017
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O'Halloran Spillane, PLLC, Associate, 2016 - Present
- Jager Clark, PLLC, Associate, 2014-2016
- Lether & Associates, PLLC, Associate, 2013-2014
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Housing Justice Project, King County Bar Association, 2014 - Present