Michelle’s practice is focused on general civil litigation. As a former deputy prosecutor, Michelle has handled a wide variety of cases. She has experience prosecuting violent crimes, homicides, and sexual assaults. Michelle was the assistant team chief of the special assault unit, lead of the financial fraud unit, and the appellate division chief. She has presented on multiple litigation topics, including voir dire, child hearsay and child competency. Michelle has appeared at all level of State court and has argued cases before the Washington State Supreme Court. She understands how to make a trial record that can withstand appellate scrutiny and will take cases to trial when necessary.
Michelle has represented litigants in wrongful death, crashworthiness, product liability, catastrophic injury, and other complex litigation cases.
- Medical Professional Liability Defense
- Premises Liability Defense
- Product Liability Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Gonzaga University, B.S., 1999
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2002
Admitted to Practice
- State of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District
- United States District Court, Eastern District
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Fain Anderson VanDerhoef Rosendahl O’Halloran Spillane, PLLC, Of Counsel, November 2021-present
- Law Offices of James S. Rogers, 2019-2021
- Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office, 2002-2019
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- King County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
- 2010, Washington Attorney General’s Office, Domestic Violence Update.
- 2011, Washington Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Special Assault Crimes Conference, Child Hearsay and Child Competency.
- 2013, Washington Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Spring Conference, Jury Selection.
- 2017, Washington Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Misdemeanor Conference, Post-Conviction Relief and Writs.
- 2018, Washington Association of Prosecuting Attorneys Misdemeanor Conference, Interactive Voir Dire.
- Co-Author, “The Tip of the E-Cig Iceberg,” Washington State Association for Justice, Trial News. November 2019.
- Author, “The Rise of the MDL,” Washington State Association for Justice, Trial News. June 2021